Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Comments

• Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Pitch, tempo and even tone I felt were very good on this one Michael but I really felt like it was lacking emotion/soul in your voice. It sounds like you were focusing too much on the technical parts of the singing and the song came off a bit insincere and didn't feel genuine to me. I'd work on this one a bit more, practice it until the technical stuff feels like second nature and then sing it with some passion. I find it really helps to imagine you are singing the song to a very specific person. I imagine them sitting in the room with me and direct the song directly to them. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Michael4000Michael4000 STREAMING PRO Posts: 992
    @Chris82 thanks for your feedback. Yeah this was a tough one, lots of technical stuff and vocal gymnastics. I will try to focus more on the emotional delivery now that I have this stuff down. Good tip on visualizing singing to someone in the room. Thanks.
  • Options
    DiegoDiego Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,157
    Hey, I haven't had time to get on here in some time, but I just dropped by really quick because I saw I got tagged.
    And honestly it sounds pretty good. 1:31-1:37 That tone for me sounded SO good. I just want you to keep that SAME energy everywhere. You are doing very good! Your playing has definitely gotten better as well. Watch the pitch in some parts. Overall pretty good.

Keep it up!
  • Options
    @Diego !! Good to hear from you my man. Thanks for your feedback. What have you been up to?
  • Options
    jmstanlejmstanle 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 141
    @Michael4000 - it was great! Very technical and jazzy! But I wanted more emotion too. I mean, you were definitely putting in the energy with a little belting at times which I appreciate of you. I imagine, like playing a piano song fluently, if you sing it over and over and over and over you will know it so well you can flow with the emotion better. I know you can sing with emotion and I believe when you get to this point with this song it's going to be crazy good!
  • Options