Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

My First Song

Hi Everyone,
Well I recorded my first song with some help from a friend. It is for my wife for our anniversary. I would appreciate any feedback and encouragement as I plan on moving forward with singing. The song is To Cover You by The Choir.

https://soundcloud.com/user-423545948/to-cover-you/s-k2AXE43FuaK

Comments

• Options
    Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Sounds great! I'm sure she will love it!
  • Options
    kevinwaynekevinwayne Member Posts: 64

Hi Everyone,
    Well I recorded my first song with some help from a friend. It is for my wife for our anniversary. I would appreciate any feedback and encouragement as I plan on moving forward with singing. The song is To Cover You by The Choir.

https://soundcloud.com/user-423545948/to-cover-you/s-k2AXE43FuaK

Well, aren't you just a Wide-Eyed Wonder~! ;)

Not bad for a 1st time out, not bad at all...
  • Options
    NicolasGralewiczNicolasGralewicz Member Posts: 42
    The songwriting itself is really good! I like that intro riff, sorta reminds me of Heart Shaped Box. The singing is a bit pitchy at times (I have some pitch issues myself). But the song itself is catchy and memorable and your voice ain't bad. How long have you been singing?
  • Options
    AcewoodsonAcewoodson Member Posts: 5
    I just started practicing about 3 months ago. This is my first time recording myself. I don’t like my voice but I understand this is pretty common when you start.

Thank you for the honest feedback. I will start working on that. I’m recording Foxy Lady tonight.
  • Options
    AcewoodsonAcewoodson Member Posts: 5
    I went back and listened and realized it was out of my range. I transposed the guitar using Garage Band and re- recorded it. It was much better. Far from perfect but better. I will be posting my recording of FoxyLady a little later.
  • Options
    kevinwaynekevinwayne Member Posts: 64

I went back and listened and realized it was out of my range. I transposed the guitar using Garage Band and re- recorded it. It was much better. Far from perfect but better. I will be posting my recording of FoxyLady a little later.

Coolness~! Check out my cover of "Under The Milky Way" I'll bump it to the top |m/