Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

do I need volume 1

Hi all

Great to be here, looking forward to learning lots and meeting some like minded people
I am just about to start the course but am unsure weather to start at volume 1 or 2
I have studied sls and when realised that was not for me I bought the 4 pillars system
Which has helped with bridging and connecting
I am now looking to open the tone in my head voice and basically go as far as I can
Any opinions would be gratefully welcomed and I am happy to start at the beginning if needed I just don't want to go over things I have already been doing for a long time.
Thanks in advance for any help

Craig 

Comments

• david1552david1552 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 74
    Hi Craig,

I do not know what your previous knowledge is/was but you should really consider leaving them at the door as confusion might arise when you try to speak several languages at the same time. That's the advice from Ken himself. I would suggest you to forget what you've learned in the other methods and start from the very beginning with Volume 1 (and then continue with volume 2 & 3 - but if you can afford buy the whole package) you won't regret it I can promise that. 

Your voice will grow like crazy if you follow Ken's instructions correctly and practice 5-6 days a week. The forum here is also full with other singers with good knowledge that without hesitation helps out when you need advice. I started out in late January and I do regret that I didn't start earlier with KTVA!!

Best regards,
    David 
  • craig2380craig2380 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for the reply.
    I will buy the whole programme then and look forward to hearing the progression
    What I think drew me to Ken even if it's belated is the fact that he can really sing and to be fair I think that is lacking in the other programmes i have tried.
    I am based in the west midlands and singing in a rock covers band so need to be quite versatile
    Would you recommend the Skype lessons also

Craig
  • david1552david1552 Pro, 2.0 PRO Posts: 74
    Craig, you won't regret it for a second!
    Yes, that's what drew me to KTVA,  and hey, this guy can really sing. 

I took many singing lessons but none of them could actually sing or tell me in any understandable way how to do things or why we would do this or that as a warmup/exercise. The versatility of Ken Tamplin is another reason why I joined KTVA, because I also want to be able to sing everything :)

I haven't tried out any Skype lessons yet, but from my understanding they are great and I plan to take some later on. You can take either 30min or 60min. Skype lessons. 

Good luck and welcome onboard!

//David
  • highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,354

Craig,

David is correct, you should not skip volume one, even though you have studied other vocal methods.  You need to be sure you are doing EVERYTHING correctly according to the KTVA method.  If you are using other methods, it's like mixing wood chips into the concrete before pouring your foundation... You can't expect proper results and you'll be off balance.

Many of us here were previous students of SLS and other methods,  You really need to start from the ground up all over again and do it all RIGHT. 

And Yes, You definitely should go for the bundle.  You get so much bonus material, it's like it doubles the content that you get.  Take advantage of that value.

And don't wait too long to do Skype lessons with Ken.  He will speed you along the way and get you right on-course faster than you could ever do without his help.  If you want to turbo-charge your progress, Ken can tell you straight up what the issues are with your voice and what you need to do to move it along.

Good singing to you!

Bob