Homeā€ŗ Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS

2 Year KTVA Review! No Prior Experience!

I started the course exactly 2 years ago. It was frustrating at times learning the new material but it's really helpful having the videos and the manual to look back on multiple times. Here's a video I made (link is unlisted til Sunday) of me doing a Christina Perri cover. Before starting the course my voice was awful. I don't think I ever hit a single note. After 2 years of hard work and keeping myself accountable you can definitely see progression.
I've been working on Volume 3 and 4 together for a combined 2.5 hours 5-6 days a week since April.
Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2-8h7cWhmk&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Very nice work! Good passion in the vocals and you're selling the story well. I cant remember your other demos off the top of my head, but listening to this you sounds like a trained singer. A few tiny pitchiness here and there but overall you should feel proud of your progress.

A tip for your video, I appreciate the effort you put in with the lights and smoke. Did you record yourself singing to your finished track in the video or was it the original song? I ask because the timing is off or out of sync alot of the times. If you finish your song and get to know it really well, then when you do the video it should be easier to match your mouth movements and emotion to make it seem like it was done together.

Great job šŸ‘šŸ¼
  • LindseyBeanLindseyBean 2.0 PRO Posts: 160
    edited November 2020
    @Wigs I recorded the vocals and had my friend edit it. Then he played it while we recorded the video and then edited it all together after with the original recording on top of the video (idk how to explain it very well. I'm not very tech smart)
    Thanks so much for the notes!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Ah ok then you did it how I was suggesting anyway and how I would have done it. Im only pointing those things out because I like to edit video as well and try and give pointers where I can. For your next video to get the lip sync more accurate, spend some time after a few takes reviewing what you just did to make sure you get a good take, it will really help elevate your final product. I look forward to seeing and hearing more :smile:
  • LindseyBeanLindseyBean 2.0 PRO Posts: 160
    @Wigs Thanks I really appreciate it!
  • ModMod 2.0 PRO Posts: 60
    I'd say Wigs' comment does say it quite comprehensively. Good job!
  • Kevin123Kevin123 2.0 PRO Posts: 101
    Good progress for two years!