Options

FOR THOSE DOING THE COURSE

what changed from your voice?
did you lose your unique voice?
would you say a vocal coach is better?

Comments

• Options
    heidianitaheidianita 2.0 PRO Posts: 144
    I have a better pitch, better tone and I can sing for hours without getting tired. And can almost make any sound I like, if I want to, cause I know how the breath, ressonance and all works. But my biggest change is in strength and to sing what I want much faster. I learn melodies faster and my pitch is there almost instantly.
    I don't feel like I've lost my unique voice, I am still me. I can imitate others (though I try not to) but I'm still me. I tried on Celine Dion a few weeks before. I didn't stand a chance with her songs before. Now I can. And I tried to imitate her nasal sound. It helped on the bridging, but it was still my voice. I have a post out for my progress, where I sing the first verse of phantom of the opera and I am not at all Christine 😅

I've tried three different face-to-face vocal coaches before KTVA. They teached me some quick-fixes for my problems, but they didn't focus on bridging, for example. The didn't give me any training-program either. Just these concrete quick-fixes. I spent more money in less tutoring, and to be honest I didn't learn much either. But when that said, what I have saved in money by entering Ken's world, I have paid more in hard work. Because it is hard work. I have cleared time and energy, and I several times felt I was stuck. Didn't know how to go on further. Then it would probably be easier to have someone tell me what I did wrong. On the other hand I had to find out my self (with a lot of help from the divas and dudes in here) and I think I learned more from that. To REALLY understand what is going on. But I can also see that this way of learning isn't the best way for everyone. But I have learned a lot, no doubt.

Maybe I understand the feeling of "everyone sound the same". But I think it's more because of its mostly coversongs. To do a good and unique coversong is hard. You can be a great singer without really accomplish that.
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    1 My voice grew much stronger, more range, heaps of stamina, never hoarse.
    2 I found my voice
    3 I never had one so I cant compare