Home Off Topic

Motivation, and determination

Reuben03Reuben03 2.0 PRO Posts: 183
Hey guys, So I have been doing KTVA for about a year.

Ive been doing volume one, and I nearly was so close about to move on to volume two, then I got sick and didn't practice for two weeks, then I lost all my progress and I started crying and feeling depressed.

I just don't want to give up, I always end give up and I am sick of it.

I just want to sound good at least, I don't care if I am Dimash Level.

Thanks for Reading.

Comments

• sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    There’s an easy solution to that. Don’t quit. Don’t give up on yourself. Jump back in the saddle and work back to where you were. You’re young you have plenty of time
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    don't give up then!
  • sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    We’ve all had to look inside ourselves for more strength multiple times throughout our journies. How bad you want it is the motivation
  • ElaraElara Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 327
    edited December 2020
    Hey @Reuben03,

You will find that when you restart, it won't take you long to get back to where you were. You were building muscle memory for nearly a year! That counts for something, and it isn't cancelled out by two weeks.

I'm worried that you say you are depressed (that is, that you have been diagnosed with depression) and that you have a history of quitting. If you haven't already, please talk to a doctor about it. Depression messes up our thinking more than we realise, and it doesn't have to be that way. One step in the right direction could take you out of this cycle. It's better than remaining this way, right? You will be okay.
  • Reuben03Reuben03 2.0 PRO Posts: 183
    Thanks, guys, I've been practising from 10:00 - 11:30 every night, and so far its been very nice. I am hoping in 3 weeks I can move on from D-support and focus on my vowels and making sure I get the ping right.

I sorta know what the vowel mods are from last year

Is it this it and correct me if I am wrong.

Ah - OH (loft) - Oo - ooh

AA - OH (loft) - Oo - ooh

AY - OH - Oo - oo
    or
    AY -EH - EE

Oh - oo - Oh - oo

EH -ee- EH - AY

Okay, I'm probably so off. But I remember Ken said to make sure the vowel is nice and open, but we make the vowel smaller when going up in the scale, and we start of with Oh in the ooh vowel so we can have an open throat to start off with.

And we go up on the scale we make a smile with our mouth and do it very legato.