Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

Could you give me some feedback please

I am playing and singing my own song could you give some feedback please https://youtu.be/y192LhN6hBE

Best Answer

• Options
    singermagesingermage 2.0 PRO Posts: 11
    Answer ✓
    I definitely like the topic you rely on. Work life is the portion of our life is we spend most time in but question, discuss the least. Please keep making songs on the concept, I liked your song, for first hearing it's catchy.

Considering from guitarist perspective, you need to develop rhythm playing. You don't have to play a continious rhythm but if you don't, other things like soft touch, stopping should match with the feeling and/or flow of the song.

For vocals, I heard a voice that needs to develop a lot. But I cannot decide whether this is due to lack of exercise or due to vocal fatigue.
    If the first case is true, rely on more warm-up and sing a lot more than you do. Many methods are available but as criticizing I also want to lead to a positive outcome. Let's go incremental. How many minutes you sang yesterday? Add one more minute to it.
    If the second case is true, the way you sing, songs you sing or your practice include something that lean on your voice more than necessary. You have to find out why.

Answers

• Options
    WayneWayne 2.0 PRO Posts: 62
    Thank you singermage very much for your advice I will take it all in and practice singing more
  • Options
    I am glad you like my song singermage I have wrote lyrics about 15 songs I like doing it. My guitar playing needs improvement I find it harder to sing and play at the same time thanks again Wayne
  • Options
    singermagesingermage 2.0 PRO Posts: 11
    I am a performer, not productive about songs. So my explanation will be from that perspective about playing and singing at the same time. If your mind is cloudy for thinking how the song should go on, this may be a cause. For the creator mind, might be normal. One possible cause is to concentrate to an ideal version of the song. If that is the case, I suggest you just let it flow. With errors in rhythym, some small gaps in singing, etc. They are your songs and when you sing it is your style. This is something that can lift your singing to a whole other level, so do not focus on what is correct when you perform. Just live and sense the moment, enjoy.
  • Options
    Thanks Singermage for the inspirational comment I liked it very much , uplifting and good advice Cheers Wayne