Home SINGER/SONGWRITERS

New Song - "At Your Own Game" - Feedback please!

Hi, I recorded a new song and I'm looking for feedback. I have a better audio setup now and I've been recording a cover and an original song every week. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

"At Your Own Game"
https://youtu.be/iLz0W84Qi8c

Comments

• SkylarSkylar 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 89
    @claytondb HI!

This was a really relaxing song :smile:
  • esequiboesequibo Member Posts: 47
    I recommend that you transpose it a couple tones higher. You are singing it on a baritone range while the context demands for a high Bari or low tenor. I would imagine this type of style fits more with a singer like John lemon or perhaps ed sheeran but not for guys like Eddie Vedder. I bet my balls that even a high Bari like John Lenon or Michael buble would sing the song a couple of tones higher.

For the song itself I think it's a relaxed quiet song. It's good for its purpose.
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    I like the key you sang this in. If you can work on strengthening your lower range and getting more resonance down there it would really bring it together. It already sounds high enough for me when you get to the top and I like the contrast the song has when you are in your lower range.

Very sweet tune mate 👍🏼
  • DeltonHedgesDeltonHedges 2.0 PRO Posts: 42
    Very nice, relaxed, confident and comes across well, though I didn't really get the "story" - maybe my fault, listen again??
  • RussRuss Member Posts: 4
    nice easy going song , sharpin it up a bit and it ll be great