Home› INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Lets see how far I can go.

I took music in college for working at a church. The music department was over the top and was training people to sing professionaly at opera houses and on Broadway. I was good enough to sing for the college at recording studeos and background at Carnegie Hall, but never a solo. I quick performing. Now I started singing in my church praise band and they want me to try taking the lead vocal. I feel very unready.

Comments

• Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    Welcome! Good thing you came to KTVA!
    The forum is always here whenever you need any help or just want to talk. Have a look around!

All the best,

Ben
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Your title of your post is a good mindset to have. Approach each situation with a curiosity towards being able to learn something. If you take the lead, blow chunks because of stage fright, at least you have learned you need to work on being front and centre and take steps towards it. That's a worst case scenario and not the end of a lifetime enjoying singing.

Use this forum, especially in the student area for feedback on your scales and song you are working on. You will only ever receive feedback that is constructive, honest and helping you apply course material to your singing.

It's good to have you with us 🙂
  • Options
    QuackSingerQuackSinger 2.0 PRO Posts: 10
    I am looking into recording myself so I can see how I am doing.