Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Hello from Southeast Virginia

Hey everyone,
Joe here. Privileged to share space with such a diverse group of awesome singers!

I'm 44. Born and raised in CA. Spent 12 years in the Army followed by several years in ministry. After dabbling in other odd jobs, I'm now a nuclear engineer at a shipyard.

Yet rhrough all of that, one of the few constants in my life has been some level of involvement with music, for sure instrumentally (brass from grade school through college; also got a year of piano as a kid while picking up a guitar as a college sophomore). But I also loved singing, whether in choirs and choruses earlier on or later as a worship music leader.

I've also written my own songs but never learned how to record my vocals. Yet as I've recently sought to figure out how, I also came to the realization that for all the years of singing, I really didn't know how to sing either! I just survived for decades on perfect pitch and raw talent which I'm grateful for and has taken me a long way. But they could only take me so far...

Enter KTVA. And only after about 4 months in the program, with limited facilities and focus (I have an hour commute to and from work...really my only chance to get daily exercises in), I find myself at level two and seeing the difference in so many ways. Others are noticing as well with unsolicted compliments and feedback.

It's somewhat tough to keep up over the holidays, but I hope to stay the course and get to a point where I can make good on the one-on-one sessions and really make a leap forward rowards wherever this takes me. Thanks for letting me share with you my journey so far!

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Awesome to hear from you, not-so-average!

You have found what we all found here, with regards to putting in the effort, and being astonished with the results!

You will see that as the months and years go by, and you continue to apply what you are learning from Ken's program, you will be more and more pleased with what happens to your voice and your self-confidence about it!

Keep us posted!

Bob
  • Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Thank you for your service!!
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome to the course and forum mate! Looking forward to hearing some of your songs in the future. Dont be afraid to post some ah scales in the student area as well for a checkpoint to keep you heading in the right direction.