Home Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
Options

Please let me know how I can better my singing / what I can do to become better

Hey guys,

So, I've been writing songs for about a year now. Writing the songs however isn't enough for me, I also want to be able to sing and record them. Problem is, I'm a pretty crappy singer. I've never sung before and know next to nothing about it. I'm thinking about getting Ken's Vocal Academy, but I'm still saving up for it.

Anyway, I've uploaded a small demo of me singing one of my own songs (a piano ballad) to Soundcloud. I haven't doctored the vocals in any way. I mainly write rock songs, but I chose to record the piano ballad because it was the easiest to sing, even though I still completely butchered it. I'd be really thankful if some of you could take the time to take a listen and tell me what / how I should practice. Thanks!

Ps.

Singing or lack thereof starts at 0:35

https://soundcloud.com/peter-murphy-537112931/love-will-find-a-way-demo/s-3O2gl0pnpYP

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi, you can check out my profile page for a routine you could try. i did this same thing before i bought the course. imagine singing is a craft you need to learn and practice, so you are only "bad" because you are not practicing it properly (yet)