Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

My name is Jeff

Hello, my name is Jeff Lockhart and I am from Kansas. Grew up listening to rock such as Black Sabbath, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin, The Doors, Pink Floyd. Then Country Rock such as Crosby, Stills Nash and Young, Poco, Buffalo Springfield. when I moved to Kansas at age 17, the country scene became a favorite as well. It may be because I started to play bass in a country band. Well, I am 65 and if Covid would go away I will be back in a band. But this time, I am hoping to sing BETTER and sing more harmonies. That’s it in a nutshell.

Comments

• Chris82Chris82 2.0 PRO Posts: 594
    Welcome Jeff! I’m sure with some practice your voice will be up to snuff in no time! You have a good taste in music too!

If your goal is harmonization then I suggest you work on the program with that in mind. Singing harmonies is sort of it’s own thing and I haven’t seen much on it in the program. Ken’s program seems more aligned towards lead vocalists.

But since you play bass I’m sure you know the “secret” to harmonies is just chords. You sing slightly lower or higher than the lead in order to make vocal chords.

I’ve always struggled with harmonies because I’m never sure how high or low I should be singing to sound in harmony where that might come more natural to a bass player.
  • Disk2LegacyDisk2Legacy 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
    Ha! Really my goal is to learn the breath support and correct my pitch. I am really liking these forums. I just watched the one “volume 1 Tuneup with Kevin. It is OUTSTANDING. A BIG help.
    I have several lead songs I sing and we have 6 people in the jam band I’m in and we go around the room and everyone get a song or few songs to sing. So, that’s where I’m wanting to improve on harmonies.
    You are absolutely correct about harmonies when you say they are the chords.
    Thanks for the reply!!
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome mate! Good to see you are making use of the forum to go hand in hand with the course, there is so much info here. I look forward to hearing your singing :smile: