Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Critique

sing_wellsing_well Member Posts: 5
I am new to singing. Can you give me advice? Also, can you tell me if you like the tone of my voice?

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/kBspAnvf6kQ3QcW68

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    You chose a bit of a tough song to start out with! If you really want to improve, it will take much effort and commitment. Think about the amount of training athletes at all different levels of their sport need to do and its the same with how far you want to go with singing.

I think you have something good to work with, your tone will change as your voice grows so at the moment it just sounds untrained. Have a look at @Klaus_T page to find a list of Kens videos to start a daily workout.

When you sing, try and think about singing to someone or to an audience to get a bit more projection in your voice and start to listen for your pitch.

Keep it up!
    Also please only post your demo once. Ive deleted the other doubles in different categories.
  • sing_wellsing_well Member Posts: 5
    @Wigs what do you think is the most important thing I should work on?
    Also, how will my tone change?
    Work on the exercises that I mentioned, doing these will help develop your voice correctly, and using proper techniques will change your tone to be brighter and more full and more like a "singing voice". For majority of singing, you want to have resonance, so your voice sounds like you are an instrument instead of just speaking lyrics in pitch.
  • Kevin123Kevin123 2.0 PRO Posts: 101
    You are off to a good start. Keep practicing and work on building a solid foundation with good pitch and rhythm.