Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Hi guys I'm Saul

Hi all,
I'm a complete newbie with singing. I've played guitar since the late 1980's. I've sung a few times at an acoustic open mic venue with guitar and it killed my confidence, even in front of family, so really nervous about practicing within earshot of my wife.
I'm currently two years into learning blues harmonica and want to form/join a blues band so I need to be able to sing. I'm hoping to build my confidence to enjoy the thought of singing rather than avoiding it.

Comments

• Options
    ElaraElara Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 327
    Welcome, @Scorny!

Many of us can empathise with your nervousness. However, you will find that your confidence will grow because as you progress through the course, you will use correct technique, and you will experience your voice growing. Confidence comes from knowing you are prepared to perform, and KTVA will prepare you. :)

You are also welcome to post recordings of your scales here for feedback, whenever you are ready. Being heard by fellow students can be a good step to take. Best of all is listening to the scales of your fellow students, which trains your ears to recognise any errors and helps others out. You will begin to associate singing in front of others with being part of the learning process; something that interests your brain and results in forward progress, rather than embarrassment and stopping. Enjoy the ride. :)
  • Options
    ScornyScorny 2.0 PRO Posts: 9
    Thanks Elara, it'll be an interesting journey
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome mate! You are at the start of an exciting journey :smile:
  • Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    And don’t feel nervous posting here. Everyone here is here to help not cheap shot. Sometimes the feed back is a little rough to take but it’s a good place to start out cuz we’ve all been there and we’re all here to help in a positive way