Home The Singer's Lobby
Options

The Pandemic Pause

LinaLina 2.0 PRO Posts: 77
I am the front singer of a 3-piece band. Since our gigs were all cancelled now over a year ago, I have let my daily vocal practice evaporate into weeks and months of not practicing at all! Yesterday when I tried to sing again I could barely stand to listen to myself.
Any advice on how to get back into the swing of things? Start back on Volume 1? Do some warm-ups and concentrate on the songs? etc.. thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    yeah i think you should be starting from vol 1 again, maybe even the starters, and then go up to the next volume again whenever you feel you are ready to go , which could be at any time you see fit, or if you want to be extra sure, submit your scales and check with the forums.

be prepared that it will take time though, people report a decline after as short as 1-2 weeks of not practicing.

and for the future: unless you want to never ever sing again, you should never take breaks from the exercises (unless you are hoarse or really ill, but you normally wouldn't want to take such breaks)

good luck with getting back on track fast!