Home Vocal Health and Wellness
Options

Practice after waking up

Hello did anybody in here practice/warming up straight away after waking up from sleep in morning?
Or did you wait for a certain time until before you start warming up?
I find its a little harder for me to do a scales in the morning(after waking up) especially if i want to stretch my top note..whats the reason behind this?
Is it because im practicing/singing on an empty stomach? Or is it because our body is not ready yet and need to wait for a certain time before start warming up?

Comments

• Options
    skv123159skv123159 Member Posts: 87
    Well the reason Is quite simple for night our whole body was sleeping so the voice muscles are too
    We need to wake them up
    But I advice for early morning don't directly jump to singing
    Firstly do some physical exercise to wake the whole body like jogging or running or just walking
    Even you can do some breathing exercises early in morning it will help you a lot
    As and when your whole body wake up then after that you can start with some warm ups or scales
    But if your voice doesn't fell don't force to sound in morning just keep it lose
    Even if you don't get your highes it ok just don't force it
    Hope it helps
    Happy singing
  • Options
    mey_luqman98mey_luqman98 Member Posts: 92
    @skv123159
    Thanks for your answer..its just as i thought..and your answer did give me a comfirmation..
    Unfortunately, sometimes i need to warm up in the early morning because thats the only "alone-time" i got to practice without bothering others..but nevertheless, i will do my best..😄
  • Options
    skv123159skv123159 Member Posts: 87
    @mey_luqman98
    Your welcome
    If you are a morning person then great But I'm quite lazy
    Yup I'm also looking for alone time
    But generally people keep on bothering me so I lock myself and do the practice or try to throw people out of the house then do my practice
    If you practice the scales anyone who hears they will be bothered so
    I generally ignore
    But keep on singing
    Even early morning it's great ☺️
    Enjoy singing