Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Recommended books to improve breathing techniques and improve vocal range? to sing louder and higher

it’s so damned hard to find a voice teacher in my area

Comments

• Options
    codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    edited April 2021
    @JacksonSteel,

Hey mate, as someone that has done in person lessons and other courses in the past, my recommendation, would be to put the money into Ken's 2.0 course. Between that and the access to the students area of the forums, for my money it is great value. Everyone in the students area of the forum (you get access to this with the course) is also learning the same course/techniques, and their all at different stages, so you get so much great info from so many different perspectives, you will find one explained in exactly the way you can understand it. People asking/answering many of the questions you will have, and they are all focused on the technique you would be learning. You can post audio/video sample of your scales and get feedback to ensure you are on the right path. I just think from a value for money perspective you can't go wrong.

All the info on diaphragmatic breathing, support, breath control and all the other aspects of technique are covered and demonstrated in the course. You will learn how to control and develop different muscles that are required for singing, and how to overcome any problems you may encounter grasping these concepts from the many that have come before you here :smile:

You can demo cover or original songs that you are working on and get feedback and you can listen to others and learn from the critique they get as to how to improve on different aspects.

There is a great community of like minded people here and you will be in good company :wink:

Regards,

Scotty
  • Options
    ElaraElara Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 327
    Hello @JacksonSteel,

Have you looked at the resources on Ken's YouTube channel? There are videos there demonstrating correct breathing and covering many aspects of correct vocal training. You can build a good foundation from the information there, and use it to decide if you want to purchase the full KTVA course or not.

There are many books about singing, but I'm afraid we can't discuss or recommend any here as these forums are set up specifically to discuss Ken's techniques. Talking about others adds confusion and we want to keep the information as clear as possible.