Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Hey all from an instrumentalist working to become a singer

mdhalleckmdhalleck 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 2
Hi All from sunny Colorado!
Post #1.
I am a lifelong musician/guitarist that has performed in bands, musicals and as a concerto instrument with orchestras. But never with a mic in front of my face. Not even for backups. Nobody deserved to hear that. Hopefully that can change.
I recently survived a fight with cancer and as part of the celebration of looking at life differently, I decided to try this singing thing. Found KTVA through reaction videos on youtube.
When I look deep inside I find that I'm ridiculously self conscious about singing. Since I'm now playing with house money I figure I don't mind looking and sounding like a broken donkey so much - so I'm going for it.
This looks like a great community. I'm looking forward to finding my rhythm in the forums and getting to know you all a bit more.
Cheers

Comments

• Options
    codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @mdhalleck,

Welcome aboard mate, and congratulations on beating cancer!! I came to a similar conclusion in that I will turn 50 this year and now is the time. I am not going for a career in the music industry, but I would love to see what I am capable of if I really apply myself to learning how to sing and learning all the aspects of technique. I have always loved to sing, but never been able to sing a melody in pitch.

I can testify that since I started the course, this is changing :smile: .

There is heaps of great info here and great people to share your journey with.
    I look forward to hearing your progress mate :smile:

Regards,

Scotty
  • Options
    sjonrokz4usjonrokz4u 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,287
    Welcome aboard man I’m in my 50s and had a minor cancer thing I survived. Like you I played my entire life but I did sing harmony. The course has made a major difference but it takes a lot of time and a lot of work
  • Options
    mdhalleckmdhalleck 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 2
    Great to hear from you and thanks for the encouragements. I'm ready to grind!