Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Returning from the void

MatsyMatsy Pro Posts: 168
Hi All,

I’ve been away from the forums for so long that I thought I best to reintroduce myself.

I purchased the course 4 years ago. I’ll be needing to start from scratch because I had one of those “I hate my voice, I should never sing” moments early on and did exactly that - stopped.

Ugh now I’m so annoyed with myself 😂, all that lost time and effort

It seems a lot has changed. There’s a course upgrade? Wow I had no idea. I’ll try to post regularly and I hope y’all keep me accountable, because I don’t want to disappoint myself and give up on my dream of having a great voice again.

Comments

• Options
    highmtnhighmtn Administrator, Moderator, Enrolled, Pro, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 15,358
    Yes, but the good news is that you are back. There is always time to start anew, even in the middle of trying to forge ahead!

Remember: Perfect practice makes perfect. It's what you put into it as you move along that matters most!

Bob
  • Options
    Thanks Bob, I’ve missed your support
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
  • Options
    codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @Matsy,

Welcome back mate. I failed on my first attempt, but am making some real progress now with the help of everyone here :wink: .

Regards,

Scotty
  • Options
    @codeowl I hope to make good progress, I’ve been back at it for a week now and it honestly feels like I’m starting from a worse place than my first attempt.

But I remember the progress I made that first time so I’ll just keep at it. I plan to post a video of a workout in a few days.

No ideas of any songs to work on though.
  • Options
    codeowlcodeowl 2.0 PRO Posts: 305
    @Matsy,

Sounds good. You can read about my first attempt at the course in the link to my background story in link on my profile page, and there are a few other posts I have done on the things I have learnt in my second attempt at volume 1, you may find some value in these. In some of the posts there references to key timestamps in the Vol 1 vids were some of the foundational stuff is. I found there was a lot I mist in my first attempt and just being eager to start singing:
    https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/profile/codeowl

There will be plenty of time for songs. I put the songs on the back burner a bit to focus on technique. I also went back to the starter exercises as they are a bit slower and have stayed on these as I find it easier to focus on technique with trying to negotiate the more rapid pitch changes of the main exercises. I have a couple more things to get right and then I will move on.

I posted my first cover recently, and got some great direction from Doc and have been working on this since. I am going to post a updated version in a few weeks to demonstrate applying the advice :smile: .

What styles of music do you like?
    Do you play any instruments?

Regards,

Scotty
  • Options
    Wouter595Wouter595 2.0 PRO Posts: 53
    Hi there and welcome back!

Every day there's a new opportunity to start something new. Happy singing.
  • Options
    doc_ramadanidoc_ramadani Administrator, 2.0 PRO, Facility Management Posts: 3,978
    A warm "Welcome" also from Germany: my name is "Doc" and I am doing the course for 2.5 years now. Take care, mate, Doc