Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Damage from trying whistle register

Hi everyone, recently I was trying to access my whistle voice and I tryed holding my vocal chords like if u are doing fallsetto but pushing more air through them. It was a dumb idea but I kept doing this for quite a while. This strained my voice a little bit and I still feel like my voice cracks a little easier and goes into vocal fry more when I go lower in volume. I also have experimented with alot of bad techniques and I was wondering if my voice could be damaged from this.

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 3,801
    Stop using more air immediately during your practice, concentrate on good cord closure with a bright ping and monitor for a week or so for improvement. I'm no doctor but if there is no permanent damage then taking it easy and focusing on technique should help get you back on track, depending on how bad it is will dictate the amount of time it takes.
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,511
    maybe best to upload a file so we can hear how loud your normal singing is, if you chose to do the lighter exercises @Wigs mentioned (as you should!). focus on safe techniques first!