Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Fly me to the Moon (one verse)

JudasfeastJudasfeast 2.0 PRO Posts: 27
Hi everyone,

I'm in my 3rd week of the Beginner's Audio course. Here are two short examples of what I can do..Sinatra's "Fly me to the Moon" (two takes and verse one only). Feedback appreciated;

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    edited May 2021
    hi, i noticed that no one commented on this post so far. for feedback regarding KTVA methods, it is best to post LAH scales, especially in the beginning. secondly, you don't have a playback for pitch reference, so it is hard to say how you do in that regard, which is one of the key things that beginners struggle with (and also people who are singing for a while might have trouble with it too if they don't address it).

your voice sounds pleasant and you have a good starting point. it is totally normal that you use a lot of air in the beginning (which you do). you will learn how to cut back the air if you follow the course, also, read up on support here on the forum. maybe there is a light touch of frogginess or at least a covered (darkened) sound, which sounds good and fitting in the song, but you would want to avoid that tone in your practice, because it is not pingy enough. but maybe it was an artistic choice here.

anyway, you are doing fine for early days. well done!
  • Options
    JudasfeastJudasfeast 2.0 PRO Posts: 27
    Klaus_T said:

hi, i noticed that no one commented on this post so far. for feedback regarding KTVA methods, it is best to post LAH scales, especially in the beginning. secondly, you don't have a playback for pitch reference, so it is hard to say how you do in that regard, which is one of the key things that beginners struggle with (and also people who are singing for a while might have trouble with it too if they don't address it).

!

Thanks for the feedback, yes pitch yardstick I see.

By the way instead of doing the audio workouts (following Ken's voice and following his piano notes) I feel I 've reached a stage where I could like just play one note on my keyboard and then do the e.g. LAH triads or the inverted scale or the long scale by myself, noting my range-ability and when i have to vowel-modify. What do you make of that?
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    you mean only the root note is played and then nothing? i don't think that's a good idea, you want to lock onto all the notes on the scale. your pitch improves over time on the scales. you could do the piano workouts, or play the chords (or somehow program them). doing it by yourself is fine of course, but you want the pitch reference consistently