Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Hello from Alameda!

jjkim928jjkim928 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 1
Hello! I bought the course actually about 2 years ago but gradually stopped practicing due to circumstances. However, I'd like to pick singing back up!

I'm having trouble understanding what it means to breathe from my diaphragm. I thought I was doing it correctly (by pushing my stomach out as I'm breathing), but I realize that I can just push my stomach out even when I'm not breathing...so, how can I actually tell if I'm really breathing correctly? Perhaps it explains why when I sing out, I still feel like I run out of breath easily, and my voice feels strained...

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome back🙂 when you push your belly out without breathing, does it go out further when you do take a breath? I suspect it does because now your diaphragm would drop down and it's pushing it out further. Having the ability to do this without breathing is actually good because you have control of the muscle group, combining this while taking a breath helps to pull the diaphragm down.

Any other questions you have post them in the student area, and if you have a good look around you'll find alot of other students likely have similar questions too 👍🏼