Home Vocal Health and Wellness

Pain in the back

DannyOc3anDannyOc3an 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 668
Hi friends, so I've been struggling with some pain in the back while doing the workouts. It happens mostly after some 40+ minutes of being standing up doing the scales, not before. If I take a seat, then it slowly fades away... If I stand up again to resume the workouts, it comes back.

It's been months since I'm experiencing this.. So I would like to know if any of you has experienced a smilar thing....

It's more or less around these areas I drew in yellow:

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    edited June 2021
    I have the same problem... 70% of the days when I sing/practice more than 1 hour.
    But I already have diagnosed (with MRT) back problems ... so I know where it comes from and how to live with it.

Maybe you should also go and see a doctor just to make sure there is no bigger issue.
  • DannyOc3anDannyOc3an 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 668
    Thanks, @shining
    So, you have experienced some kind of pain in your back while doing other activities in daily life besides standing up for an hour+ for singing, maybe even before singing... or is it only in this period of time while singing you realized the problem and went to the doc because of this?, I ask because in my case it only happens in this scenario. During other activities I'm totally fine...
    Thanks again
  • shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    Yes and No :)
    At the moment I only have this pain when I do my singing / workouts.
    Before Corona, I also had this when I was on a party/event where I was just "standing" ...

And my "real back" problem (where I can not move for several days) occurs only after a certain wrong position or overload. (Like when its only when I worked bent forward.) Or when I really got psychlogical stressed.

I would say, that you some kind of strain your muscels. Which leads to pain... because they get caught in that position and cause pain in the spine.

Thank you @shining

Sorry to hear that, sounds terrifyng! I hope you have been prescribed something to alleviate some of that serious pain when it happens..... can't imagine..

Indeed, it feels like some strain, maybe posture although it's seems ok. I spotted Sara Loera in some of her socials lightly complaining of some pain in her back after some hours recording with Ken in the studio, so I feel that this may be a bit common in our community...
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Hopefully @doc_ramadani might be able to shed some light on this. Ive never experienced pain like you have both described.
    I've received a helpful perspective from @shining , though it's important to mention that in my case it's in the muscles, not the spine.. Specifically those 2 muscle areas I highlighted on each side of the spine
  • Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    i highly suggest the page https://www.diyjointpainrelief.com/ it is a free resource, and whenever i have some pain i use it to trat it. i have "cured" a tendonitis within a few sessions, twice in the past 3 years. i use red tiger balm as well for tendonitis, and the combo is a shortcut to healing it. maybe you have similar results with this? the theory is that it resets the muscles and tendons so they stop pulling and inflaming
    Great advice Klaus, thank you very much I will check it out for sure and feedback any update. I'm sure I'll find something there. Thanks mate B)