Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Everyone seems to be an expert when learning to sing!!

What I have noticed during the 2 and half years of training is the people around me friends and family think their experts when dishing out advice on singing :D . Tell the truth it annoys me a bit because I like to think I know so much more about the voice, they probably see the building blocks over time and they probably don't fully understand what's required to get great at singing.

Anyway thats my rant over lol but maybe some you out there have similar situations love to hear them!!

Vocality
:#

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    edited June 2021
    I've realised that my judgement of people's singing abilities has changed drastically over time. All I heard before was pitch and that was all I considered when saying someone was good or not.

Now I understand way more of the subtleties of support, air management, correct distortion, clean passagios and different shapes of the vocal tract. People that don't understand these things the way we do also don't understand why and how we practice what we do to try and achieve a healthy way of singing.

I haven't had too much of what you are experiencing, but I have been "that guy" before I educated myself 😅