Singing on vacation
AndrewLenghel
2.0 PRO Posts: 23
So I’ve gotten into the habit of practicing vocals 4-5 days a week and I’ve been doing well with that but my question has to do with how I can practice on vacation? I’m going on a few vacations this summer and one of them will be a week long. Obviously I can’t do the normal routine since I’d probably disturb people and take away vacation time so what can I do to make progress still or at least not lose any progress? Thank you!
Comments
-
i usually do the starters. it will disturb people too but just for a bit shorter
you can always hold a pillow in front of your face, or look for a quiet place on the beach (i would chose the latter wherever possible LOL) -
You can usually do bridging exercises at the very least. Of course, you will need to get back to chest stretching ASAP when back from holiday in that case.
Most importantly, please don't worry about not practicing for a week. A week is not long. Don't forget to enjoy your holiday. You don't lose months/years of progress in a week. -
It sounds like a fun summer planned! Vacation is a break, but I totally get wanting to keep up with your vocal practice. How about some subtle warm-ups in the morning or finding a quiet spot during the day? You can find a natural spot at this hotel (https://aguiladeosa.com/). It's about balance, right? Enjoy the break and sing when it feels right!
-
As others have mentioned, you should be able to do your vocal warm ups. Lip burbles and tongue exercises do not have a lot of volume. You can do those before your shower, then do your LAH-AHs there to have them not take any time. That should be plenty to keep your voice in shape while traveling.
-
Yea losing 1 week is okay. You could try singing along to songs more for this week and pause on the exercises.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy



