Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Singing on vacation

So I’ve gotten into the habit of practicing vocals 4-5 days a week and I’ve been doing well with that but my question has to do with how I can practice on vacation? I’m going on a few vacations this summer and one of them will be a week long. Obviously I can’t do the normal routine since I’d probably disturb people and take away vacation time so what can I do to make progress still or at least not lose any progress? Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    i usually do the starters. it will disturb people too but just for a bit shorter ;) you can always hold a pillow in front of your face, or look for a quiet place on the beach (i would chose the latter wherever possible LOL)
  • Options
    bentkbentk Moderator, Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 1,650
    You can usually do bridging exercises at the very least. Of course, you will need to get back to chest stretching ASAP when back from holiday in that case.

Most importantly, please don't worry about not practicing for a week. A week is not long. Don't forget to enjoy your holiday. You don't lose months/years of progress in a week.
  • Options
    CortezWongCortezWong Member Posts: 4
    edited January 3
    It sounds like a fun summer planned! Vacation is a break, but I totally get wanting to keep up with your vocal practice. How about some subtle warm-ups in the morning or finding a quiet spot during the day? You can find a natural spot at this hotel (https://aguiladeosa.com/). It's about balance, right? Enjoy the break and sing when it feels right!
  • Options
    MystiMysti 2.0 PRO Posts: 339
    As others have mentioned, you should be able to do your vocal warm ups. Lip burbles and tongue exercises do not have a lot of volume. You can do those before your shower, then do your LAH-AHs there to have them not take any time. That should be plenty to keep your voice in shape while traveling.
  • Options
    michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    Yea losing 1 week is okay. You could try singing along to songs more for this week and pause on the exercises.