Introduce Yourself
Bellissima
Member Posts: 1
Hi. I'm Linda. I actually purchased Ken's course a year ago, but I had every internet device hacked. It has. Even a nightmare. I have decided to revisit singing again, because I notice less range and a lazy diaphragm. Then I just want to record some cover songs for personal history. I started my vocal lessons at age 9, we had about 5 students, a great teacher and a live piano player. Annie songs were strictly forbidden. I gravitated toward Judy Garland , Liza Minelli and we learned old songs like "Second Hand Rose". We always needed to know the composer and then what key we needed for our piano player. We mostly focused on presentation, professionalism, projection and what songs were within our range. In my bedroom, my singing" teachers" were Barbra Streisand, Andrea Mc Ardle, Dennis DeYoung etc. I was a musical theater person, but in my. Teens I sang in competition ensembles....4 part women's A Capella. I started to go to church and it was a very musical church. Our youth Pastor's wife, was a music major as was the church choir director. I always sang I Alto. Later, I was invited to sing with the worship team. This was very nerve-wracking to me, because (only in Las Vegas), most of the worship team were from the cast of The Mickey Finn Show and The Fabuous Walkers. We had to rehearse a weekly musical sets. The guitarists and keyboardist (the men).My microphone was next to Kathy Walker on the grand piano. I learned quickly, when waiting I had to back off the mic 4 feet, because Kathy, being a comedic impersonator, would start in with some silly impersonation. A lovely and a person and I couldn't even look at her without laughing. I was fortunate to find Ken, because he discussed concepts that I was so fortunate to learn when I was younger. He is so legit. Sorry this is so long, and I need to leave for a flight soon!
Comments
-
welcome to the forum!
sounds like some exciting times, and great experiences -
Welcome to the forum and to singing again
Grab your student access here
https://forum.kentamplinvocalacademy.com/discussion/6859/how-to-get-access-to-the-ktva-how-to-sing-better-than-anyone-else-student-areas-of-the-forums#latest
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy

