Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Original Song - "When I Speak"

Any feedback appreciated, don't be afraid to hurt my feelers.
This is the 1st song that I have had "over the finish line", whilst learning to record/mix/master. There are a few things that I would do differently production-wise, now that I have completed the process once. I have copyrighted and released the song on Spotify and iTunes under the name "Fathom the Deep (featuring Shannon Boggs)", but recorded and sang all tracks (used EZ Drummer for drums). Or, here is a link to the file in Google Drive.

Oddly, this song didn't seem to lend itself to vocal harmonies, and tends to remain in my lower range, no reinforced falsetto. Maybe a female harmony would fit somewhere. I have tried to make the lyrics discernible.
...and it sounds best at a comfortable, but LOUD volume :-)

Many thanks to Ken Tamplin and his crew!!! I have been learning from Ken's free and paid resources for a few years, and loving it. Thanks!!!

Comments

• sboggssboggs 2.0 PRO Posts: 8
    Sorry - just found the guidelines for posting (and can't edit my post) - here is a link to the song on YouTube:
  • WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 4,834
    The whole thing sounds tight. Your voice sounds good too, the genre is something I used to listen to alot. Nice work mate!
  • Mike86Mike86 Member Posts: 92
    That was solid man. I thought the production sounded great. Cool vocal tone also.
    Mike86 said:

I thought the production sounded great.

Thanks for your kind words. I have estimated that it took me 700 hours of practicing and learning mixing and mastering (over the course of about a year and a half ), to get to where it is now - and I'm still learning. The next songs are getting done much quicker though, now that I have some processes that I can re-use.
  • RLVRLV Member Posts: 145
    Sounds great man, it's nice to see/hear a fellow singer/musician recording and mixing their own music and having it sound good. As I do the same, I understand the amount of time and effort it takes to become good at all of those things at the same time, so cudos dude! Your voice remind me of a mixture of Hetfield and Weiland in my opinion which is awesome. The song is really cool, great work, keep at it my friend!
    @Jwal Thanks for the encouragement and really cool comparisons, that means a lot! I definitely commit to keep at it.
  • Mike86Mike86 Member Posts: 92
    @sboggs I respect the hard work you are putting into your craft and the progress is evident. I can relate as I've been putting a lot of time in to recording, mixing and mastering my tracks too. Keep it up man!