Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Getaway Car - Chris Cornell Cover

I tried to cover this song a year ago and I don't know why because I had just started singing and it was wayyyyy out of my range, I've since been able to grow my range up to reach those A4 and A#4 notes in mixed voice. Still not as good as the man himself Chris Cornell but I do aspire to be someday. Let me know what you think, thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu82GYFPts0

Comments

• Options
    colincayvzcolincayvz 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 41
    Your tone & emotions is really in the ballpark bro. It's a bit pitchy in a couple spots but some ironing out & isolation will do you fine soon, I'm sure.

Great job bro!

Love that emotion
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Good work man, getting some nice gritty tone in there. Remember to hold back the force on those high notes with rock solid support. It sound like you are able to place your vowels in your throat well but because of that you are not keeping a focus on your support and the sound is coming more from the chest rather than your engine. I go through this all the time and I need to keep reminding myself to stay supported.
  • Options
    RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
    @Wigs thank you so much man! I remember when I was recording that I was thinking to myself "why is this E4 in the verses so hard for me to maintain, when I go so much higher in the chorus and I can reach a D5 in mixed voice so what's the problem?" duh, I wasn't focusing my support. Appreciate the feedback dude, things like this help me to become better and better. Keep rocking brother!
  • Options
    Mike86Mike86 Member Posts: 104
    Nice job man! Digging the gritty tone and belted notes. Getting really good bro, keep it up.
  • Options
    RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
    @Mike86 Thanks a lot man! Means a lot!!