Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Linkin Park - Crawling Acustic ( Any constructive critisicism is welcome)

Hi Guys,

I read the lyrics cause I only sang this song a few times, hence the stuttering on some phrases.
I recorded this via my phone.

Please tell me if you think it is ok or it was terrible.

Thank you
CSesztes

Comments

• Options
    JDESTAJDESTA 2.0 PRO Posts: 14
    Sounds good mate. your support in the chorus was really strong! i have also done a Linkin Park cover. i am doing the rap parts in the video. Let me know what you think.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxUZJlJa-sw&ab_channel=AlexMcMillan
  • Options
    DannyOc3anDannyOc3an 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 668
    edited September 2021
    @Csesztes the chorus sounds cool, and its support sounds good. I would work on the soft parts, perhaps there's some over-enunciation of the words and of the consontants. Dont' treat them as words you must speak out. Treat them as scales from your workout. Try to sing a vowels only version of each part, and try to sing all those vowels from an AH position, so the vowels don't shift abruptely from one to another (over enunciating), but all share the same AH feeling in them.... Then, after that try adding the consonants only as needed, lightly, no more than what you need to make the word tangible.

Also be aware to support your soft parts, don't let the softness of the sound trick you into using your throat to sing as if you were speaking normally; be sure to still use your diaphgramatic support no matter if there's a gentle and soft part; it should still come from the diaphgram while your throat remains relaxed... This isn't happening much, but every now and then there are some moments

Overall, good job..
    B)