Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Take my breath away - Cover

The fear of the high note :D and then you lose support in between ... but first time I somehow managed to sing the last sentence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcdZJsXIoeg

Comments

• Options
    RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
    Awesome job, such a beautiful voice! I love this song and you did is justice with your cover. Impressive control and pitch, loved this!
  • Options
    michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    Nice! I've only taken the course about 6 months or less. If you are looking for better critique to help you improve, it would help me if you turned the instrumentation down and took effects off your voice.

Some notes could be improved with pitch at the end of your phrases. You are saying "Take my breath awaWHYYYYYY" instead of WAY. I'm curious what more experienced members would say about your vowel modifications here.

When you get to the higher notes you're building lots of tension and moving your head around. Tongue placement looks good though. Possibly it would help to practice each note by visualizing coming "up and over the note" to land on it using headvoice and then mix in some chest to support it better. Hope this is helpful.
  • Options
    shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    Aaawh thank you so much for your feedbacks!

Some notes could be improved with pitch at the end of your phrases. You are saying "Take my breath awaWHYYYYYY" instead of WAY. I'm curious what more experienced members would say about your vowel modifications here.

For your question about the vowel mod, I am sorry but unable to answer that question. Maybe @highmtn can help.

When you get to the higher notes you're building lots of tension and moving your head around. Tongue placement looks good though. Possibly it would help to practice each note by visualizing coming "up and over the note" to land on it using headvoice and then mix in some chest to support it better. Hope this is helpful.

Hm well I am off pitch a lot of time in the higher notes.. because they are too high for me :) thats why I still build up tension because of the fear of losing support.
    And yes, practice should help. I have to admit that I did not practice this song before and just sang it because I was in the mood for it. And then I was happy that it turned out like that.