Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

In a crooning mood

RandyBRandyB 2.0 PRO Posts: 450
I was in a crooning mood. These are single takes. How’d I do? @wigs @highmtn @Elara @jaclynser @Rick_amateur @DannyOc3an @Vocality @shining sorry if I left anyone out. And thanks in advance for the input!

“Fly Me to the Moon”
https://www.smule.com/sing-recording/2547129935_4155378620

“The Way You Look Tonight”
https://www.smule.com/sing-recording/2547129935_4157260294

“Sway”
https://www.smule.com/sing-recording/2547129935_4159314293

Comments

• Options
    DannyOc3anDannyOc3an 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 668
    Just listened to all of them, great job Randy, nice pitch negotiation with the Swag this style demands, very good control on your power just enough to sound supported and not so much you belt out and lose the gentleness of the song. Nice tone, it really suits all 3 songs, not so shrill, not so dark, but smooth and ear-friendly. Frankly there's nothing I could spot which could need improvement to my ears. Sometimes every now and then maybe the S letter could be accentuated a bit since sometimes you use more of a Z sound, like when touching the teeth with the tongue, instead of the pure ssss sound. But this is so so tiny and happens so unfrequently that it isn't even a thing, doesn't affect at all the result of your performance, it's like trying to find a spot on a prefectly blank canvas, so great job dude. I can't find anything else to say, really enjoyed the songs... B)
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Had a listen to them all, man your voice is really maturing! Really good tone, control and emotion easing through your passagios. I like how you can keep your resonance flipping down to the low notes and back up again.

Minor critiques would be about some of your timing. Mostly evident in fly me to the moon, the staccato parts of the verse sounding like you were waiting to come in, instead of flowing through the pockets or taking command of the rythym yourself. It's not so much about being out of time but its like the music is leading you instead of the other way around. The other thing is you lose a bit of diction by being over contiguous unnecessarily. In the mid and lower range there were some slurry lines, but I think you can afford to be a bit more precise on the consonants in those bits without sacrificing anything.

Very minor things that don't detract from your performance as a whole, and easily adjusted if you want to. Awesome 👍🏼
  • Options
    @Wigs @DannyOc3an Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it. I realized after the fact, it was a tall ask posting 3 songs and asking for feedback. But I was cranking them out and felt like sharing. 🤣
  • Options
    shiningshining 2.0 PRO Posts: 420
    Sorry for late reply... well Randy, as I told you a lot of times, i like your voice a lot! And these songs are just pleasing your voice because this "musical singing style" is where you belong to. The stage is yours :)
  • Options
    @shining Thanks for the kind words!