Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

I feel like my tone isn't bright enough... sounds stuffy to me... feedback? Suggestions?

Here is an example of a song I wrote called "Stumble". One thing that had been bothering me about my voice lately is I feel like it sounds stuffy (as in the opposite of nasally I guess?) I'm not sure if it's just me or if there is something I can do about.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkckcZSYGlg&ab_channel=ServidaMusic

Comments

• Options
    DannyOc3anDannyOc3an 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 668
    edited October 2021
    Hi, yeah the word I would use is covered.... It's ok as a style, but if you want more brightness try projecting the sound more towards your mask, the front of your face. I use to feel a slight vibration of resonance in the bones in and around the nose. Smiling into your cheeks exposing your upper teeth also contributes to this clarity... Then you could open up more the vowels towards an AH... like "yahh saah faaar awaaaahe" instead of "yo so fuuur aweyyy", like an open LAH AH feeling throughout all the vowels...

Doesn't sound bad for the style though, but that's what I would try if you want more clarity and brightness B)
  • Options
    RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
    @DannyOc3an, ya know, I knew that lol, but somehow forgot that it is what I was looking for. Thanks a lot for listening and leading me back to the sound I was looking for. I do like the covered sound, some times, but I also wanna be able to open it up a little. I think what happened was, when I first started singing, I WAY overdid the brightness while singing and it sounded, well, pretty cringe haha. But now that I've become more comfortable with my voice I think it's time I open back up, which is what I did on my new post of the cover of The Black Crowes 'Seeing Things' i did. Thanks so much man!