Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

How's my singing?

Here's an original. Based on what you hear, what are some areas I could improve on? I know I've got a long way to go.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/LQocq

Comments

• Options
    LindseyBeanLindseyBean 2.0 PRO Posts: 160
    Cool song choice. Definitely rocking it. I can't tell if you're straining or if you're just distorting for effect. Only suggestion I'd have is work on your stamina and breath support so you don't run out of energy after doing songs like this back to back. Great work!
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    sounds good. a bit like Lemmy :) for "improvement" questions, it is best to post the LAH scales (stretch and bridge), because that reveals the areas you can improve much clearer than a song.

for stamina training, i can recommend the advanced stamina exercises, i think they should be in your package too

did you do all this yourself?
  • Options
    GregadethGregadeth 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 5
    Klaus_T said:

sounds good. a bit like Lemmy :) for "improvement" questions, it is best to post the LAH scales (stretch and bridge), because that reveals the areas you can improve much clearer than a song.

for stamina training, i can recommend the advanced stamina exercises, i think they should be in your package too

did you do all this yourself?

I've been lacking in doing my exercises. That's why I chose to show a real world demonstration, if you know what I mean. I will have to hit my course hard, I've honestly been lazy or busy with my school work.

Yes I did everything myself. The drums are programmed.
  • Options
    edited November 2021

Cool song choice. Definitely rocking it. I can't tell if you're straining or if you're just distorting for effect. Only suggestion I'd have is work on your stamina and breath support so you don't run out of energy after doing songs like this back to back. Great work!

Excellent suggestion, thank you!
    Yes there's some straining. I'm usually too lazy to warm up my voice. I bet it would help.
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    definitely don't skip the daily exercises. even if you only have 20 mins, it is better than nothing. it is the key to improving. if you can choose to sing a song or do the scales, do the scales. it seems to be the boring choice, but in the long run it will make all the difference
  • Options
    Klaus_T said:

definitely don't skip the daily exercises. even if you only have 20 mins, it is better than nothing. it is the key to improving. if you can choose to sing a song or do the scales, do the scales. it seems to be the boring choice, but in the long run it will make all the difference

I know you're right. I'll have to do it.