Paul McCartney singing Get Back technique?
Famofunk
Member Posts: 1
Hey guys I’m new here.
I recently watched the new Peter Jackson doco on The Beatles.
Firstly it’s amazing and secondly it was interesting hearing Paul sing in it. He quite often went into a kind of “Kermit” sound?
Especially in “Get Back”
I recently did a minute video as an exercise to see if I could kind of figure out what he’s doing.
If anyone could have a listen and let me know what I’m doing, and what is Paul doing? I feel as if I’m lifting the soft palate.
When trying to sing sort of like him I find it way easier to hit the notes and don’t really need to push it.
I’m more of a guitarist then a singer so go easy on me ha.
My version -
https://youtu.be/UO40ttDKLmA
I recently watched the new Peter Jackson doco on The Beatles.
Firstly it’s amazing and secondly it was interesting hearing Paul sing in it. He quite often went into a kind of “Kermit” sound?
Especially in “Get Back”
I recently did a minute video as an exercise to see if I could kind of figure out what he’s doing.
If anyone could have a listen and let me know what I’m doing, and what is Paul doing? I feel as if I’m lifting the soft palate.
When trying to sing sort of like him I find it way easier to hit the notes and don’t really need to push it.
I’m more of a guitarist then a singer so go easy on me ha.
My version -
https://youtu.be/UO40ttDKLmA Comments
-
This content has been removed.
-
This is really good! I dont hear any frogginess from you or Paul from the roof top gig 1969. Sounds like he's got a fairly open throat and decent support with a touch of extra air usage. Lifting the soft pallet is the right way to go as you go higher in your range to create more space. Welcome to the forum mate
-
You rock! You kinda sound like Paul. All the best.
Ken's latest video
Categories
- All Categories
- 1 Terms of Use
- 4 NEW STUDENTS - FORUMS UPGRADES - Please Follow These Instructions~
- 3 Public FAQ / Help Section
- 101 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy REVIEWS
- 61 Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy - The PRO's Vocal Method
- 3 Videos of Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Students
- 122 Welcome
- 1.9K INTRODUCE YOURSELF
- 213 Favorite Music, Vocal Movies, and Videos
- 23 Booking Webcams with Ken Tamplin
- 1.3K GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
- 565 Vocal Health and Wellness
- 248 SINGER/SONGWRITERS
- 184 Ken Tamplin's Corner
- 477 Off Topic
- 432 Newbies Demo Area - for those who want to test the waters!
- 1.5K VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
- 104 SHOW TIME - Band Rehearsals and Performance Day!!!
- 110 Recording Techniques and Gear
- 108 Musical Gear and Equipment!!!
- 236 The Singer's Lobby
- 107 About Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy
