Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Paranoid - Black Sabbath Cover

MatthaeiMatthaei Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 71
Hey guys,

yesterday i made some voice recordings for the song Paranoid from Black Sabbath.
Iam singin this song also in my coverband.

Although i wouldnt consider Ozzy a very skilled singer, this song is actually not that easy to sing (at least it took me a while to do it without that my voice cracks).
The range is limited, but its in my Belting range. All the consonats and th'es/F's are also not really open throat technique friendly i think. :-)

When i started to cover this song, i needed a lot more strenght in the abdomen to be able to pull my mixed voice up to that notes. Which made it also very thin sounding and kinda "pressed". Now i can sing that song much more relaxed.

Please let me know what you think about my try to cover this classic rock song. Or if theres someting i can do better?! :-)

https://cloud.ralphbayer.de/index.php/s/m4kkg2CXP93xTS2

Password: wT6sn4id25

Btw. the sound is supposed to be a bit "lofi" on the effects. I aimed to have it a bit more authentic sounding, like it could come from the 70s.

Best,
Ralph

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    i think you are doing well, maybe you could dial back the consonants a bit more
  • Options
    MatthaeiMatthaei Pro, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 71
    edited December 2021
    Thank you again @Klaus_T. Your feedback is much apprecitated. Okay, i will try to dial the consonants back some more. :-) Iam only at Volume 1 with the training currently. But i saw that Ken also explaines some tricks how to substitue consonants later in the course. Maybe that could help me here?!

Best,
    Ralph