Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Metallica Cover \m/ Please give some feedback on my vocals

MetalmaximusMetalmaximus Member Posts: 2
Hey KTVA forum!

Here's a cover my buddy and I recorded with me on vocal duties. I want to know if you guys think its good. Obviously its a more Thrashier song, so no fancy stuff here. Especially for any fellow Metalheads, what ya'll think?

I like what Ken says, you cant sound like anyone else, but you can learn to sing like them.

I applied a lot of what I learned from Ken and my own techniques to get the achieved sound.

Cheers

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Sounds like you have good tone coming through that suits the track. If you have looked into Kens videos on glottal compression I think that would help give you a bit more power while still being safe on the sound. It sounds a touch pinched in the throat and if you try and lean into this sound too much, you could run into trouble down the track. Nice work though mate.
  • MetalmaximusMetalmaximus Member Posts: 2
    Wigs said:

Sounds like you have good tone coming through that suits the track. If you have looked into Kens videos on glottal compression I think that would help give you a bit more power while still being safe on the sound. It sounds a touch pinched in the throat and if you try and lean into this sound too much, you could run into trouble down the track. Nice work though mate.

Hey thank you for the reply and kind words. I've seen the glottal compression video but I'll check it out again and make sure I didn't miss anything with the technique. Really appreciate it, cheers!