Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Is this love - Whitesnake

I saw last Ken Tamplin video about how to sing this song.
I think I must improve the language fluidity (I'm itailan), the closing of the phrases with the soul modulations, but I think the result is not bad
What do you think about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LhfpoPATKs

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    This was pretty good, nice variety in tone and pitch was good too. Your right about your language but it didn't take away too much from the song.
  • GianniCGianniC Member Posts: 29
  • GianniCGianniC Member Posts: 29
    Wigs said:

This was pretty good, nice variety in tone and pitch was good too. Your right about your language but it didn't take away too much from the song.

Thanks a lot :)
  • crabolacrabola Pro Posts: 20
    I'm a hobbyist singer but I'll chime in here.....You did a good job Gianni. Pitch sounds good ...You have a nice texture in your voice. The accent is noticeable but it doesn't detract much from the song.
    On a mixing note.....I think you could reduce the reverb or delay on your voice and gain stage your performance Try experimenting with the volume level and the eq on your voice to get it to sit better in the mix.
    David Coverdale had a pretty amazing voice but he paying for that distortion now. Be careful about trying to use too much distortion in your voice. I have yet to figure out how to add great sounding distortion to the voice without paying the price. Ken's an example of someone who has it figured out. It's a rare vocal attribute to take into your later years and still be able to maintain your range and power.