Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Bring on 2022!!

MarleyBMarleyB 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5
I am a 53 year old grandma who has been singing since I was little. I grew up in a home of music and while I am not a professional singer, I have sang the National Anthem opening for different events, sang and shared music with family and friends on special events and just for fun. I have also sang at church in choirs or on worship teams, and I even did a concert once (which was one of the funnest nights of my life)! I have tried to hone my vocals for years, but have had so much conflicting guidance that it has been frustrating trying to grow and have confidence in what I was learning. I have always struggled going from chest voice into head voice smoothly, and have felt like I have two different voices. I also had my thyroid and 2 parathyroid removed in 2008 and I was on voice rest (from sining) for a year after this surgery because my doctor knew I sang, and he wanted to minimize the scar tissue. This was a very hard time for me. I have noticed a definite increased restriction in my range, struggling mostly on the high side. I have also felt pigeon holed a lot of my musical journey into an Alto part when singing with others because of my lower voice, and that requires doing harmony, which is an area that I have grown in, but still have not mastered, lol. I tend to be perfectionistic, and I have a hard time finding music I like in a key that's good for me, and I have backed off singing. I still sing occasionally, for my husband, family and friends who are great supporters of me singing, but I miss it, and want to do more. My husband bought me equipment for Christmas to start recording things at home to learn from and enjoy. When I saw the Ken Tamplin videos on you tube, I finally felt like this was a place where I could learn correct technique, and grow in areas where I felt I have been stunted for years. I know I will have to unlearn and relearn some things, and I am game to do that. I am so thankful that I found this course, and I am excited to get started and soak up all I can.

Comments