Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

New KTVA student

wolfmanwolfman 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5
Greetings all. Been singing as long as I can remember. Been trying to take it more seriously now that the kids are grown and out of the house. Wanting to get a band together, so figured I needed to shore up my foundations for more live stuff. My top 5 vocal influences are Dio, Halford, Geoff Tate, Robert Plant, and Paul McCartney. I know Paul's an odd man in that lineup, but singing along with Wings and The Beatles as a kid were how I started. I sang baritone and bass in a couple high school choir settings, but when I discovered Operation: Mindcrime in college, that was it. I killed 2 cassettes singing along in my car, and that's what made me realize I could hit those notes too. Now that I'm older, I've been trying to pick up any and all techniques for preserving what I've got. Done vocal masterclasses with guys like Jeff Scott Soto and Jason Ebs, but I was looking for something a bit more long-term and structured. Been watching Ken's videos for a while since Rudy Sarzo turned me on to them, and decided to take the leap.

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome to the forum and course mate 🙂 With those singers as your influences, KTVA will definately give you the long term structure you need. Be patient, open minded and diligent in your application and understanding and you will see results!
  • wolfmanwolfman 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5
    Still making my way through the intro section of the course. I'm treating it like Mardi Gras. It's a marathon, not a sprint. lol