Home Psychology of Singing
Options

vocal feedback

supersinger66supersinger66 Member Posts: 6
edited March 2022 in Psychology of Singing
hi all, im 19 I've been singing for about 8 months with private instruction, I feel fairly decent with my technique but im really struggling to have any emotion when singing, my family says i sound breathy and like im not really singing, ive read alot online about connecting and have spent a few hours trying different exercises but I haven't loosened up does anyone have any feedback? all help is much appreciated!
most recent

maybe 2 month old example of chest mix and head voice

Comments

• Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    hi, what does your instructor say regarding your singing?

yes, you do sound breathy. a few hours of workout is really only the peak of the iceberg, if you really want to get better at singing you will have to work out about 30-60 minutes a day, 5-6 days per week. why? because you need to learn the techniques and create muscle memory for them, also you need to grow the muscles involved. it's a long process, but given the right instructions you will get results. i suggest that you start working out regularly, and you can check my profile page for a sample training.

the emotions are yet another thing, but first you need to build the palette to express these emotions, and this is why you need a solid technique
  • Options
    Klaus_TKlaus_T Moderator, 2.0 PRO Posts: 2,406
    read whatever you can on support and cord closure, and the bright LAH (ping). this will help reduce breathiness

• Options
    supersinger66supersinger66 Member Posts: 6
    Klaus_T said:

hi, what does your instructor say regarding your singing?

yes, you do sound breathy. a few hours of workout is really only the peak of the iceberg, if you really want to get better at singing you will have to work out about 30-60 minutes a day, 5-6 days per week. why? because you need to learn the techniques and create muscle memory for them, also you need to grow the muscles involved. it's a long process, but given the right instructions you will get results. i suggest that you start working out regularly, and you can check my profile page for a sample training.

the emotions are yet another thing, but first you need to build the palette to express these emotions, and this is why you need a solid technique

my instructors just said it comes with time ive asked a few times i try to be patient but i also feel im putting alot more effort in then im getting back,

i meant a few hours practicing on one song trying to emotionally interpret it the britney spears one,

ive been practicing technique 2 hours a day for 7 months 7 days a week from my instructors so i get kinda frustrated that i dont sound what id call decent yet which would be like "Justin guitars" my goal being decent enough im confident, doing opens mics , im not to sure if im being impatient (probably lol) or if im not meshing with my teachers well.

ill make sure to start working on cord closure and support + open throat/jaw/softpalate for the bright ping. my mom and sister are getting tired of giving me the same feedback so i gotta nail it down haha :)