Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Options

Just sharing a Tamplin cover song I did

RodneyRodney 3.0 Streaming Posts: 4
I've been doing the course for 11 months couldn't sing a note 11 months ago https://youtu.be/xW39GiOUpak

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Welcome to the forum and course :smile: You've done well to get this far if you weren't able to sing at all before! You want to concentrate on really supporting your voice as you sing, we dont sing a single note with out support as its our engine. Staying supported will also help you keep your pitch, that doesn't mean that support is a magic fix for pitch but when you are on pitch it helps you stay there. I recommend posting your scales in the student area, there we can really break down your technique and give you guidance as you move forward.
  • Options
    VocalityVocality 2.0 PRO Posts: 1,602
    edited April 2022
    @Rodney

Welcome its great to have you here agree with @wigs support is one of the most important building blocks, Ken does a video on the sit up exercise that demonstrates good diaphragmatic support and how it feels recommend reviewing it regular and that can really help improve your support. 11 months on the course it's hard gauge your progress but sounds like you're progressing in the right direction, would try easier songs first just to get lay of the land and gradually bring yourself into more challenging songs.
  • Options
    I recorded myself during 1st month and I thought I was singing loud and okay but when I listened to recording I sounded horrible I hated the sound of my voice and it sounded like I was mumbling yet I thought I was killing it ha.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Always keep your before and after it helps you keep track of your progress!!
  • Options
    I wish I would have cause it would of been cool to see I was similar to that guy in Ken's video singing under the bridge then year later he's on guitar singing good. I honestly wanted to quit a few times glad I stayed at it.
  • Options
    Keep at it and as @wigs said post us a lah traid scale in both bridging to head and chest voice. Post it under Volume 1 student progress reports.