Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Skid Row - Wasted Time

Hi Guys,

I've never been able to finish singing this song. My voice would be so blown out. (Yes. I probably ruined by voice when I was younger).

After Ken's teaching (specifically breathing and glottal compression) something clicked. I gave this song another try and was surprised I finished this song and was able to hit some notes I was never able to achieve. More importantly, I was still able to sing more after I finished.

I had to bring it down an octave and finished pretty weak, but I gave it my best shot. Let me know what I can do to improve.

https://share.singsnap.com/play/11908737

Thanks,
Matt

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Experiment with only letting the bare minimum of air out while staying as relaxed as possible in your throat when you go for the high notes and graze over as many consonants as possible. The less your air flow gets interrupted, the more chance you'll have. You are well into your mask up top as well, while still using it bring a bit more tone though the throat so there is still some warmth in the sound. These kinds of songs are really tough but you gave it a decent go :smile: