Home Vocal Health and Wellness
Options

Losing my voice after signing few songs

I cannot keep my voice after signing few songs, It seems to me that I have something stuck in my vocal cords. Any suggestions to avoid it to happen? It is interesting that it does not have every time that I sing.

Answers

• Options
    GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 168
    edited May 2022
    Singing is a complex activity. There could be several factors that could contribute to losing your voice after a few songs. I could say :
    - Support. Breath control is one of the most important thing to relax the voice, so that it doesn't get bound up is the throat.
    - Vowel placment. You need to learn to place the sound correctly to be able to grow resonance and avoid oversinging.

If you oversing (sing too loudly, too heavy or shout), if you don't use support and/or pull chest, you'll feel this sensation of binding up in the throat, like you're caught or there is something pulling in your throat.

The best way we can help you is that you send us a sample of you singing (via YouTube or SoundCloud). We could tell you what you're doing wrong (cause if you feel any disconfort like that, it means you're doing something wrong).

Guy Chan
  • Options
    Marcos_MenezesMarcos_Menezes Member Posts: 2
    Guy, first off, thank you so much for taking the time and replying my message. Is there any other way I could send you the video? I use WeTransfer to transfer large size files. What I am doing today is really embarrassing and I would like to keep the video to a small group instead of posting it on YouTube
  • Options
    KarenSingsKarenSings 2.0 PRO Posts: 80
    Google drive can be accessible only to those with the link.

There's a thread on here somewhere telling how to post your songs.