Home GENERAL SINGING - Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy Forum
Options

Hey....need help

I think my chest voice is too weak. And everytime I try to sing in chest voice it felt like I didn't even have chest voice.for example in ken s exercise of chest voice ,in first scale I can't even repeat what ken does like ah la haa haa aaaa....since for me it was too low that I can't even touch that part.

Now I am still doing that how to rock cheat voice exercise. From scale where I can touch.

But can you all suggest me some other exercise or any extra routines to build a stronger chest voice. Or I should just continue with that exercise. And gradually it will build what I desire.......

Best Answer

• Options
    GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 168
    Answer ✓
    Hi there.

Do you have the course ? I guess you don't.

Any exercise you'll find from Ken on YouTube can help, but be careful not to truely try to imitate Ken. You have your own voice type, so try to find where it's confortable for you to start the sacles, and when it's time to stop. Don't strain, don't push. Make it easy.=, and try to achieve what Ken is doing with your own voice. As a countertenor myself, Ken being a baritone, it didn't help me to do exactly what he did. Just find your way from there.

Also, the best way for us to see what's really going on with your chest voice would be to post an audio of you singing those exercises. We'll tell you how you're doing. It takes some time to grow, especially depending on your voice type and your walk of life. What you know about vocal technique and how you approach it. Make sure to learn to control posture, support and relaxation when you do an exercise.

You can find a great deal of information on YouTube on Ken's channel, especially with the new stuff he added these times. And you do a great job thing asking yoir questions here, because signing alone, no one is here to tell you when you're doing something wrong. The best way to leran is to get checked by an expert.

Guy Chan

Answers

• Options
    sommonsommon Member Posts: 65
    edited May 2022
    @guychan thanks for suggestions. It really helped me, and honestly my main gaol is to purchase the ken singing course...as of now..just working on some other stuff. So I can reach where I want to go......😇 and as of now I think I find ken most reliable for me as vocal coach.

But there is one think ,does ken has chest resonance vocal workout.because I can't find any video on ken channel. Or the resonance covered under ken's daily exercise video.(I mean its LAA AA)

As resonance are very imp part in singing.