Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Billie Jean - Michael Jackson (Acoustic Cover)

RLVRLV Member Posts: 168
Let me know what ya think guys! It's not perfect and I didn't mean for it to be, I know that there are some timing issues but I personally liked all the imperfections that occurred haha. But would love to hear some feedback, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Thanks for the feedback 😅
  • Options
    TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 355
    The whole thing is brilliant, Red Letter. It's also rather haunting in a great way.

As you said, anything you thought of as an imperfection is better left in tact on this one as they add rather than subtract to the performance.

Maybe replace one or two of your distorted "kid is not my son"s with a purposefully light head mix almost like you're pleading. Then it would be like wow, this guy could have sung it any way he wanted but still decided to almost plead with that one. Just a thought.
  • Options
    MaartenMaarten 2.0 PRO Posts: 36
    great interpretation! this is how I love to hear covers, not a copy but a creative other version. great singing also, I wouldn't change a thing
  • Options
    @Terence thanks a lot! Nice suggestions, those things would definitely add some nice spice to it. I love those ideas, one thing I have been working on lately is trying to emote more as I'm singing and those things fall right in line with that. Thanks for the feedback!
  • Options
    @Maarten Thanks so much! I really appreciate that feedback.
  • Options
    BenG7BenG7 2.0 PRO Posts: 1
    I'm new to singing but I just wanted to tell you I really liked it