Home Vocal Health and Wellness
Options

vocal damage

Hi Folks,

I am wondering if anyone can help me out here,

I am a singer and have been singing for over a decade now. A couple of weeks ago, i was at a party with friends and we had some drinks (you know how it goes) and i definitely abused my voice trying to sing along to some system of a down (i do not know how to safely sing in that sort of way).

the next day my voice felt very sore. The issue is, even two weeks later, ive still lost my upper range, and a lot of singing low to midrange feels very hard to do now and my voice gets tired easily and feels tight.

Does my voice just a month off while it heals? I am slightly worried ive got nodules, although im not sure they can develop in one night??

Does anybody have any info/advice on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    2 weeks does seem like a long time for 1 night of bad singing. I'm no expert on nodules but generally they happen over a period of time. You should do 20 to 30 mins of very gentle exercises daily and really concentrate on getting bright pure clean tones in what ever range you can manage. Aim for ping. This will help to bring moisture and elasticity back into your cords.
  • Options
    JKJSmithJKJSmith Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2022
    Thanks for the reply! I'll give that a go. I think im gonna try a full week of complete vocal rest first, no talking. I will say though that even after 20 mins of light morning warm-ups, my voice is very vocal fry-y and feels a bit hoarse and tired. Thats not normal right? My voice would usually feel like that after a whole DAY of singing, but its just some light warmups .etc