Home INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Hello from London, UK

MattWoodsMattWoods 3.0 Streaming Posts: 2
Hi there everyone! This is Matt from London, UK I am a 34 year old male, I believe I am a baritone.

I am really excited to go on this journey and find the confidence to sing out loud in public. I have always had a passion to sing and have only ever sung in the car, or at the most sang along with family members but more quietly and comfortably in head voice. I really don't want to get too much older before enjoying the freedom to sing out loud without worrying about whether I am good enough.

After 3 weeks of the course, I am finding the support and the La Ahh vowel and warm-up exercises do really help, but I find myself bringing so much mass up high (new terminology i'm learning thanks to KTVA) that I can sing 3 or 4 songs (e.g. songs like Fastlove, Don't let the sun go down on me, etc by George Michael) and can no longer use chest voice in my upper 4th octave, it's too hard to stay on pitch and voice feels tired - this is something i really want to learn to control with the correct use of support, vowel modifications and even glottal compression - I hope i am already finding out what the course can do for me.

I have to say the warm up the following morning with the lip drill scales and laa ahh really does wake up the voice like it was never tired the night before!

Look forward to spending some time in the forums and meeting you all.

Kind regards

Matt

Comments

• WigsWigs Moderator, 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 5,042
    Sounds like you're already making some personal discoveries and that is great to hear! Keep up with diligent practice, post some scales in the student area for feedback and dig deep through the forum for some great discussions about the course. Many questions you have will already be here. A quick tip about your ability to still sing after a few song would be to make sure you are warmed up, don't over sing and don't use too much air.

Hope to hear you around 🙂
  • MattWoodsMattWoods 3.0 Streaming Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply and for your advice! I am really enjoying it so far.

I will post some scales soon for feedback.