Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Let's Stay Together - Al Green Rough | Feedback

Hello again KTVA fam!

This week’s post is a cover of me playing guitar and singing *Let’s Stay Together by Al Greene.*

I can tell you what I am trying to focus on when performing, but all feedback is welcome.

I am trying to improve my pitch, tone, and swag (grooving, dynamics, energy, emotion).

Swag, meaning how I slide between notes, intensity for different notes, and how I fit into the rhythm of this song.

All feedback from a beginner’s ear to a skilled pro is welcome.
https://youtu.be/kLXOoWdFZyk

Comments

• Options
    LindseyBeanLindseyBean 2.0 PRO Posts: 160
    Sounds good. Those long notes have a nice vibrato and groove. Definitely a groovy feel
  • Options
    GuyChanGuyChan 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 168
    It's cool, you're getting the vibe. Nice mixed voice, good pitch. You just have to work on stamina. Cause towards the end of the song, you started to loose pitch and control over your mixed voice. I was about to tell you to be carful about nasality, but maybe you did that to stay on the Al Green side, which is nice. Overall, your phrasing and your groove is cool. You keep geting better and better !
  • Options
    TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 355

Fun song to hear you do and be so comfortable with, @michaelmusic

2:46 - 3:00 is especially good improvisation.

There are three sections that, if you made a point of making bigger, would really dial in the dynamics, IMO:

1:40 - 1:58 crescendo all the way and end bigger.

2:20 end phrase bigger

3:19 Bigger before your tasteful trailoff.

Wouldn't change a thing about the rest, well done!
  • Options
    DannyOc3anDannyOc3an 2.0 PRO, 3.0 Streaming Posts: 668
    Terence said:

Fun song to hear you do and be so comfortable with, @michaelmusic

2:46 - 3:00 is especially good improvisation.

There are three sections that, if you made a point of making bigger, would really dial in the dynamics, IMO:

1:40 - 1:58 crescendo all the way and end bigger.

2:20 end phrase bigger

3:19 Bigger before your tasteful trailoff.

Wouldn't change a thing about the rest, well done!

nice, Michael, I agree with @Terence as well..
    Maybe try also practicing any lick you want to perform in a song, separately, so they come off 100% accurate