Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!

Original song - Until We Meet Again - Feedback welcome!

Hi all,

This is a calypso I recorded this year for carnival in my country, Antigua and Barbuda.

I've been doing KTVA vocal exercises for a couple years, currently on Volume 3. Feedback welcome. Thanks.

Omari

https://youtu.be/dJCBQavI7DY

Comments

• TerenceTerence 3.0 Streaming Posts: 346
    I like your song. A smooth, happy, upbeat calypso style that also sounds fun to sing. Your singing is smooth and unstrained in your upper mid-voice. I hope the song does well for you.

Will you be heading towards vol 4 and vol 5?
  • michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    Great sound and pitch. I can tell you put a lot of work into your voice.

I would like to hear a more rounded, rich sound with vibrato at the end of your phrases. I feel the phrases are a bit cut short. Remember the fundamentals especially breath support and open throat to make sure you have a big resonating sound in the mouth.

Thanks for posting and keep sharing your progress. You are sounding great!
  • OmariAKingOmariAKing 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
    Hi @Terence ,

Many thanks for the feedback. I'm hoping to get a chance to start working on Vol 4 soon. So far I haven't been able to find the time. Also, I'm still wondering if it's time to move on as yet. I might work on Vol 3 for a while longer.

Regards

• OmariAKingOmariAKing 2.0 PRO Posts: 4
    Hi @michaelmusic,

Thanks so much for your insight. I still have to concentrate hard to keep up the breath support. I'm trying to get to a point where it just happens naturally without having to think of it. As for the open throat, I feel like my sound gets distorted when my throat seems fully open so I try to find a balance. I may need to go back and watch the videos on the topic. Thanks.

Regards