Home VOCAL DEMONSTRATIONS for the Bold!
Options

Hypnotize Yourself (Glenn Hughes cover)

We did our cover version of the new song ''Hypnotize Yourself'' by The Dead Daisies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkCTr_ePmDw

Comments

• Options
    michaelmusicmichaelmusic 2.0 ENROLLED Posts: 252
    Nice resonating sound and vibrato. Do you get horse from this type of singing?
    The vowel placement could improve. For example, going to the high note in the chorus on the EE of "BEAM" could be more AA sound. Hope this helps. Keep kicking ass!
  • Options
    80sVibeDude80sVibeDude Member Posts: 25
    Hi thanks for your comment.
    No I don't get hoarse. Believe it or not, I'd say that constantly singing high clean notes would be much more power demanding than singing with this growling voice. Not that I struggle with clean and high notes, but interestingly this demands less power really, because it is so compressed. It's not yelling and it doesn't require so much air as it seems.
    You just need to know how to do it. And it won't be overnight. It's persistence and learning to do it without any tension.

Blackie Lawless uses a lot of it, and Glenn Hughes too specially in his album Play Me Out. Listen to the song '' I got it Covered'' by Glenn for example. Same approach, same technique.
    And both these singers still got it despite their age. If it was destructive they would lose their voices. So if it hurts, it means you do it wrong.